Jump to content

Jedi Licences and Scanners


Recommended Posts

Once again permission from Cud as they were too lazy- I mean didn't want to make this post themselves.

I don't know if scanners support licences or if it's just jobs but I would like to suggest adding a licence or job for MOTO (sounds weird coming from me right?) and a licence for Jedi Council members to show they are council members (even if it ends up just being cosmetic) which would allow them to open the council room.

Right now the council room allows any master to just walk in (which is actually arrestable) so I thought it would be more RP friendly to allow only members to open the door. Don't worry if this isn't doable Pete, I would understand.

Removing Admiral access to all Jedi Temple scanners as they have no real reason to be able to access them.

More of an FYI for CG (@IrishTnT) but perhaps forward Jedi temple scanner failures to the Jedi council and have Temple Guard handle punishments. Understand that the noise is irritating but technically it's not in your jurisdiction.

Edited by Unseen
Licences* in title. NOUN, UNSEEN.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Unseen changed the title to Jedi Licences and Scanners

Unless the Devs implement the ability for the noise and HUD popup to show the location the scanner is used, we won't know until they do it twice and are toggle-wanted.

Also, if no TG are on what are CG to do? And what if no Pilot is on?

Logistically that's a bad idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the council door ideas - as it makes more sense in terms of rankings and access, but removing the access of the Admiral (who is in command of the base mind you) and I also agree with the extra points/opinions raised by Plasma regarding CG, TG and scanners

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IrishTnT said:

Unless the Devs implement the ability for the noise and HUD popup to show the location the scanner is used, we won't know until they do it twice and are toggle-wanted.

Also, if no TG are on what are CG to do? And what if no Pilot is on?

Logistically that's a bad idea.

This is valid and probably needs further discussion with devs on how to improve the scanner failure system as well as discussion with how CG handle scanner failures at the temple without the presence of TG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, [PU] FurrDazzler said:

I agree with the council door ideas - as it makes more sense in terms of rankings and access, but removing the access of the Admiral (who is in command of the base mind you) and I also agree with the extra points/opinions raised by Plasma regarding CG, TG and scanners

We will have to discuss the logistics further. As for the Admiral, the Jedi Temple is not Anaxes base therefore they have no jurisdiction there even if the planet does belong to the Republic. At least in my opinion, Jedi should treated as separate entities so the temple zone should be under the jurisdiction of the Grand Master and MOTO.

Doesn't mean they can't request a visit to the temple and have friendly relations by all means as we don't get many visitors besides incursionists.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean Personally, i am in support of the idea of the MOTO and Council members having their own seperate jobs. As in my opinion this could grant Council members and MOTO's having like, around a bonus 100/200 hp to show further jedi Progression, as the Council and Master of the Order are meant to be the best out of the best in regards of Jedi, and this could remove the master access to the Scanners around the temple, and changing it to Council members and the MOTO. 

I am also in support of the TG scanner idea, However i believe that if a temple scanner is used without permission , it should be visible just for the TG. as Rule Breaking jedi isn't a direct responsibility of any CG, therefore shouldn't be their problem overall. 

p.s Unseen, i wasn't too Lazy. This was your idea , therefore it should be your choice on whether or not you push it ¬.¬

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cud said:

i mean Personally, i am in support of the idea of the MOTO and Council members having their own seperate jobs. As in my opinion this could grant Council members and MOTO's having like, around a bonus 100/200 hp to show further jedi Progression, as the Council and Master of the Order are meant to be the best out of the best in regards of Jedi, and this could remove the master access to the Scanners around the temple, and changing it to Council members and the MOTO. 

I am also in support of the TG scanner idea, However i believe that if a temple scanner is used without permission , it should be visible just for the TG. as Rule Breaking jedi isn't a direct responsibility of any CG, therefore shouldn't be their problem overall. 

p.s Unseen, i wasn't too Lazy. This was your idea , therefore it should be your choice on whether or not you push it ¬.¬

Maybe not a HP buff, the reason I specified licence rather than job for council members is because it is essentially cosmetic for the most part with the only real function being door access. MOTO being a clear step above masters in terms of responsibility would be sufficient for its own job in the structure.

Seeing as council members consist of mostly masters who assume the same responsibility besides having a say in Jedi changes doesn't really give enough of a reason to make it a job.

(With exception of being a style training master like Cud or Connor which in itself could be made a licence actually for both the master teaching the style and any qualified students who have passed the style training)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unseen said:

Maybe not a HP buff, the reason I specified licence rather than job for council members is because it is essentially cosmetic for the most part with the only real function being door access. MOTO being a clear step above masters in terms of responsibility would be sufficient for its own job in the structure.

Seeing as council members consist of mostly masters who assume the same responsibility besides having a say in Jedi changes doesn't really give enough of a reason to make it a job.

(With exception of being a style training master like Cud or Connor which in itself could be made a licence actually for both the master teaching the style and any qualified students who have passed the style training)

i see what you mean, but in my opinion i am not sure if scanners are a soul reason for a separate Job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cud said:

i see what you mean, but in my opinion i am not sure if scanners are a soul reason for a separate Job.

No, which is why licences should be considered an alternative if it's feasible to support them. MOTO being the only one suggested as a job because it has more of a reason to be one than say a regular council member as their responsibilities and status is acknowledged as being just as important as the grand master.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Master_of_the_Order

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unseen said:

No, which is why licences should be considered an alternative if it's feasible to support them. MOTO being the only one suggested as a job because it has more of a reason to be one than say a regular council member as their responsibilities and status is acknowledged as being just as important as the grand master.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Master_of_the_Order

I see,  then with looking at the answers, i would stand firmly towards a +1 regarding this

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) What would be the point of the MOTO job? You haven't gave me any reason why it should be implemented.

4 hours ago, Cud said:

i mean Personally, i am in support of the idea of the MOTO and Council members having their own seperate jobs. As in my opinion this could grant Council members and MOTO's having like, around a bonus 100/200 hp to show further jedi Progression, as the Council and Master of the Order are meant to be the best out of the best in regards of Jedi, and this could remove the master access to the Scanners around the temple, and changing it to Council members and the MOTO. 

I am also in support of the TG scanner idea, However i believe that if a temple scanner is used without permission , it should be visible just for the TG. as Rule Breaking jedi isn't a direct responsibility of any CG, therefore shouldn't be their problem overall. 

p.s Unseen, i wasn't too Lazy. This was your idea , therefore it should be your choice on whether or not you push it ¬.¬

2) Licenses specifically grant NO HP INCREASES, as they are licenses, not upgrades.

Scanners do support license functionality (see Medbay), but I'm not quite sure that we want to create a whole license for the sole purpose of access to a couple of doors. I mean, the current Jedi Council is what, Cud and Billy? Seems relatively unneeded to me but I'm interested to hear others' opinions about it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete Broccoli said:

1) What would be the point of the MOTO job? You haven't gave me any reason why it should be implemented.

2) Licenses specifically grant NO HP INCREASES, as they are licenses, not upgrades.

Scanners do support license functionality (see Medbay), but I'm not quite sure that we want to create a whole license for the sole purpose of access to a couple of doors. I mean, the current Jedi Council is what, Cud and Billy? Seems relatively unneeded to me but I'm interested to hear others' opinions about it

1) MOTO is part of the Jedi structure (Mace Windu in lore) and they're responsible for overseeing/leading the Jedi Council while the Grand Master is responsible for the Jedi Order as a whole. Adding this would make their role more official (again, MOTO abbreviation isn't clear to all on its own), and clearly shows their seniority over the Jedi and Jedi Council.

Aware that it only affects a small number of scanners such as the council room, temple brig, holocron vault and their own room if they are assigned one.

2) Misunderstanding, was telling Cud that MOTO and council members should not get a HP buff as Jedi have enough health already and well aware that licences cannot grant HP.

3) It is a clearer way of identifying council members rather than placing "CM" in your name (people might not understand what the abbreviation means) so you could check their licences and easily see "oh, they're part of the Jedi Council, better not be a fuckwit around them". For the door access, it would be more RP friendly and similar to how temple brig can only be opened by Temple Guard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jedi should be able to be trusted, especially if they are a Jedi Master. We shouldn't need to literally lock out people from certain rooms; if that's a problem, the people in the roles need re-evaluated themselves. 

MOTO job is also unnecessary as the MOTO is a Jedi Master, the same as all other Jedi. We won't add a MOTO license for reasons mentioned previously; the license system is not a ranking system.

Edited by Pete Broccoli
Link to post
Share on other sites

Your suggestion/bug report has now changed status to denied, see the replies to this topic for the reason. If your bug report was denied, it is because it was not able to be re-produced by a member of the development team, or because you submitted a bug report that is invalid and either will not be fixed, or is not fixable (such as asking us to fix an issue with the game itself).

Thank you for taking your time to write your suggestion/bug report.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...