EP Rights (Whitelist cadets to CTs)

EPs used to be able to whitelist cadets to CT and since it was removed it has been a real pain to wait for staff members to 

I don't think that there would be any problems with adding this back. Obviously this should only be used when there are no staff on the server.

• +1 1

-1 . You signed up to be an event planner, not staff.

it's a staffs responsibility to whitelist people to their jobs, even if it is CR to CT, if you want to do that, quit EP and become Staff, EPs weren't made to do whitelisting, they were made to do what's in the name, plan events. Not whitelisting to CT

Ehhh I'm not sure about this. I see positive reasons to do this but I also see drawbacks. Staff would not like it has it would be taking their job (despite the fact they don't do their job anymore by not coming on the server, which goes back to the major issue of PU), I don't think the EP job was designed like that so it could be a case of it not being possible, it does seem to be a better choice to switch to Staff instead. Additionally, there's no way Management would say yes to this and if they do that is a surprise! 

As for the good reason, it is as people have said, staff aren't really on anymore so having something be able to whitelist would be useful and save a lot of time for people. No one wants to wait to be whitelisted as a CT when no staff are coming on!! This has been a problem! 

I won't +1 or -1 because it's up for debate since there are good and bad aspects about this.

EPs used to be able to whitelist only ECs and CTs, it was useful back then. If EPs got the ability to whilelist CTs again, they should wait for staff on the server to do it first.

+1

2 hours ago, Jesus The Nutter said:

Ehhh I'm not sure about this. I see positive reasons to do this but I also see drawbacks. Staff would not like it has it would be taking their job (despite the fact they don't do their job anymore by not coming on the server, which goes back to the major issue of PU), I don't think the EP job was designed like that so it could be a case of it not being possible, it does seem to be a better choice to switch to Staff instead. Additionally, there's no way Management would say yes to this and if they do that is a surprise! 

As for the good reason, it is as people have said, staff aren't really on anymore so having something be able to whitelist would be useful and save a lot of time for people. No one wants to wait to be whitelisted as a CT when no staff are coming on!! This has been a problem! 

I won't +1 or -1 because it's up for debate since there are good and bad aspects about this.

I have heard no such report about a lack of staff on the server. We (the admins/HoS) need to be informed about things like this otherwise we cant change anything. As far as I was aware, there was nearly always a staff available to whitelist, either in game or ready to join in the Discord.

In regards to the initial suggestion, I hesitate simply due to the fact that the EP team has not painted themselves in the best light as of recent in regards to not abusing their privileges. The whitelist change from CR to CT is, arguably, the most significant one due to the fact that it gives a player so much more power than they had previously. EPs are not trained to whitelist people, besides to and from EC. 

Therefore, I -1 this.

On 2/1/2021 at 9:09 AM, Jesus The Nutter said:

What? where did this idea of staff never being on come from? I am on pretty much everyday and even load on just to do whitelists when I am not on. Your point of staff not doing their job has not been said by anyone but you.

I mean, We dont really have enough new CTs to need this honestly 😂

when or lets be honest IF server recruitment and joining bumps up, we can consider giving EPs the ability to whitelist CTs but for now there are more than enough staff to handle it.

-1 for now

• Alydus changed the title to EP Rights (Whitelist cadets to CTs)

Apologies for the accidental topic rename.

This suggestion will be accepted, and a new command for EPs to whitelist players to CT from Cadet will be created. The argument that staff will be annoyed that their 'job is being taken away' is not one that is valid as this is for a single whitelist, complaining would be petty in my opinion.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Your suggestion/bug report has now changed status to approved, and will now be added to the roadmap by a member of the development team. You may track the implementation/fix of your suggestion/bug report by viewing it on the public roadmap at any time. If this was a suggestion, this is likely due to positive community feedback, or because this was due to be implemented on our internal roadmap.

Please note that in some circumstances we will implement your suggestion/bug report instantly and bypass the roadmap entirely.

Thank you for taking your time to write your suggestion/bug report, we take these seriously and it will be managed appropriately.