Hello community, I was recently toying with the logistics behind making a "hardcore" spin off of an event arc. 

This would feature "realistic" combat, such as considerably lower health and ammo, as well as weaker droids, this would inspire people to use proper cover and conserve their ammo taking only well aimed shots, as well as engaging from distance as to be outside the droid's effective firing range.

For this series, HP for standard clones would be roughly 100, to make us all about a 2-3 shot kill to most droids, or one shot to snipers. 

HP for B1 droids would be set to 10, to allow for one shot kills

HP for commandos (NPC) would be roughly the same as clones to make them slightly harder to kill but still within my idea of "realistic"

HP for B2 Super Battle Droids will be about 200 so roughly 3-6 shots to kill them, as what seems roughly realistic whilst also making these units slightly more intimidating

HP for EC commandos (captains)  will be set to 150 to make them slightly harder to kill than normal droids, but they will be much harder to defeat due to the human control.

All HP for Armor will be set relatively, AATs will have lower HP, probably around 1000 (default 2700). ATTE's will mostly be kept the same (12,000) unless designed to be defeated easier, While TX-130s will have slightly higher HP than AATs, though still lower than default at 1500 (default 2700).

Now that we have talked about the "realistic damage" simulation, now we go onto my idea for an ammo system, the idea being all clones start the mission with 150 ammo, a small amount however a "realistic" amount to be carried, unless stated otherwise all rocket launcher type weapons will have a single shot, and only one grenade each. To make the battles fair however as I'm sure no one wants to be sat in a firefight with no ammo in any weapons, there will be a GONK droid EC (likely me) who will follow the republic lines, in order to receive more ammo (another 150) players must interact via /me and will be given more ammo. Have no fear about the GONK droid being killed however, thanks to the almighty power of plot armour he will be invincible.

As for difficulty as hinted above these events are not going to be easy, you will die A LOT potentially if you do not use proper cover, retreat back if needed and don't react to enemy armour.

The idea behind this arc is to give the community something different, instead of constantly being an unstoppable force that wipes out everything every time, this will add a layer of tactical planning into my events, meaning command needs to organise their attack a lot more and take charge to prevent a squad of their men being wiped out by droids, this will also open up opportunities for realistic encounters with EC snipers, or machine gunners, as in real life you wouldn't just charge into them and kill them, suppression will be a big feature of this, meaning if a sniper engages clones should scramble for cover to avoid being instantly killed, same with machine gun positions, which I will likely make almost impossible to deal with from the front, clones will have to flank around or be pinned down by large quantities of fire. This arc will also make enemy armour even more deadly, instead of being easily dealt with by spamming rockets and tanking damage, clones will be killed instantly if fired at and hit by these tanks, meaning those with explosive weapons will have to gain environmental advantages and attack the tanks from its blind spots.

Over all I plan to start this event arc off with a final stand, which will sort of function as a "flash forward" to the final event in the arc. In which Anaxes will send a detachment of clones but will be cut off and unable to reinforce their men, clones will have to dig in, and retreat back after being overrun, fighting to the last man in a desperate attempt to hold back a massive separatist army

This particular event will not be winnable, however will hopefully provide a high level of immersion and cinematic pleasure. Expect to see your brother shot in the back while retreating to the next line of defence, while explosions from enemy artillery surround you, if you're lucky and make it to the final line of defence, the clones will be inspired to fight on by their commanders, and though the situation will be impossible, good soldiers follow orders, and fight to the last, eventually being picked off one by one in what will be known as Anaxes' darkest hour.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this (IK its long) but if you could leave some feedback or ideas on how to improve or just ideas for things I can add please do, as I'm quite excited to make this an optional feature, as I will likely do a vote to see if players online currently want a normal or hardcore event, before doing each of my events, that way if you don't want to experience all of the above features it will be easy enough for me just to roll out a standard event.

• +1 2
  • -1 1

first of all, you are trying to make a virtual game.. realistic, letalone there are multiple issues with "hardcore" event ARCs
logistically this would be a pain in the arse to manage, think of the amount of times you are going to have EPs set HP , ammo, vehicle HP and so on
NPCs tend to hit quite alot of their shots, so this makes the likelyhood of people dying. Alot. which ynow "oh hey realism we have to be cool and epic to survive" sounds like a cool concept, in the end it'll just piss people off because "Boo hoo i cant rambo into a droid army" 
furthermore to point out an error with this, not everything is one shot. setting basic droids to 10 HP just requires some random guy to stand up, hope he doesn't get automatically hit and spray down accross a room. the standard droid health is fine. 
changing the HP of our jobs already makes it redundant, "oh im a 200hp clone LT" for example, setting them to 100 hp defeats the purpose of the job to begin with, they are meant to be more survivable with the HP, changing around HPs again, just causes alot of effort in setting HP , and getting people around.  

" Expect to see your brother shot in the back while retreating to the next line of defence, while explosions from enemy artillery surround you, if you're lucky and make it to the final line of defence, the clones will be inspired to fight on by their commanders, and though the situation will be impossible, good soldiers follow orders, and fight to the last, eventually being picked off one by one in what will be known as Anaxes' darkest hour." 
sure the idea sounds cool. However an issue with this is that, once a clone dies, what happens to them? do they have to sit around? that's unfair for the rest of the playerbase if they get (for example) blown up by a 212th with a rocket launcher by mistake. What if people take longer to load in? do they get to take part or do they have to wait while other people have fun?  This type of idea (personally) seems inclined for Elite regiments, compared to standard attack and defence regiments.

i mean don't take it as a dig, but the stereotypical ego fuelled Elite regiment man proclaiming epic gamer last stand cool guys dont look at explosions moment suggesting the idea...doesn't seem to look very..great? if that makes any sense

I like the idea of making events harder, and making them more realistic by having us rely more on cover and statergy/tactics

A major critism of this is that in the event idea/arc you talked about, you mention that the event 'will not be winnable' which tbh is a bit of a unfun/unfair concept, and a bit railroady which could also be a bit boring/demoralising for the players, knowing (ooc) that they would lose this no matter what, and I feel like it might make the event more intersting if the outcome is up in the air and more in the players control, as it would encourage them to use their new stratergies/tactics in an attempt to overcome the odds even if they are stacked against them - and would make the event more fun for those involved.

Edited by [PU] FurrDazzler
4 minutes ago, Cud said:

first of all, you are trying to make a virtual game.. realistic, letalone there are multiple issues with "hardcore" event ARCs
logistically this would be a pain in the arse to manage, think of the amount of times you are going to have EPs set HP , ammo, vehicle HP and so on
NPCs tend to hit quite alot of their shots, so this makes the likelyhood of people dying. Alot. which ynow "oh hey realism we have to be cool and epic to survive" sounds like a cool concept, in the end it'll just piss people off because "Boo hoo i cant rambo into a droid army" 
furthermore to point out an error with this, not everything is one shot. setting basic droids to 10 HP just requires some random guy to stand up, hope he doesn't get automatically hit and spray down accross a room. the standard droid health is fine. 
changing the HP of our jobs already makes it redundant, "oh im a 200hp clone LT" for example, setting them to 100 hp defeats the purpose of the job to begin with, they are meant to be more survivable with the HP, changing around HPs again, just causes alot of effort in setting HP , and getting people around.  

" Expect to see your brother shot in the back while retreating to the next line of defence, while explosions from enemy artillery surround you, if you're lucky and make it to the final line of defence, the clones will be inspired to fight on by their commanders, and though the situation will be impossible, good soldiers follow orders, and fight to the last, eventually being picked off one by one in what will be known as Anaxes' darkest hour." 
sure the idea sounds cool. However an issue with this is that, once a clone dies, what happens to them? do they have to sit around? that's unfair for the rest of the playerbase if they get (for example) blown up by a 212th with a rocket launcher by mistake. What if people take longer to load in? do they get to take part or do they have to wait while other people have fun?  This type of idea (personally) seems inclined for Elite regiments, compared to standard attack and defence regiments.

i mean don't take it as a dig, but the stereotypical ego fuelled Elite regiment man proclaiming epic gamer last stand cool guys dont look at explosions moment suggesting the idea...doesn't seem to look very..great? if that makes any sense

Thanks for the constructive criticism Cud, allow me to respond, first of all I understand this will be a logistical nightmare, however I am willing to push myself to make sure those who do die etc, will have their HP set back to my hardcore amount again, after respawn, also I have found that if engaged from a reasonable distance standard B1s have a reasonable accuracy, which will prevent the whole rambo Idea, as I understand it might not be to some people's taste but the idea behind such a mode would mean that just like how you see it in the movies, war is bloody, and that clones are in fact, not rambo.

And to respond to your comment about the droids HP, the idea behind this would be for balancing, again, removing the rambo factor, engagements would have to happen at longer range to prevent being wiped out (which again is a realism factor) droids in most the movies and series we watch were taken out with just single blaster shots, and most the time so were clones (obviously not those with plot armour) 

For the clones, it is designed to make all clones feel weak, and should be scared of being hit, just because you are a higher rank doesn't suddenly make you stronger and immune to blaster fire, the idea behind these hardcore events is to make tactical engagement much more prominent, and so you don't just have MCOs which are high command just running into battle being rambo while CTs are left being wiped out. Again, I realise this will be very difficult to handle logistic wise but it's not impossible.

And I admit perhaps this event idea I had was not perfectly planned however I'm not done with it yet, thanks to your feedback I will decide what to do about respawning during it, I will perhaps respawn them in battle and just force them to retreat anyway on loosing enough men on the front line, then have the survivors once they reach their final stand be picked up just in the nick of time and returned to safety, I am yet to fully flesh out the plan for that event so thank you for that feedback.

And apologies for sounding rude but I think your whole comment about these missions being elite prioritised is a bit ridiculous, nowhere in this have I mentioned that elite regiments take any kind of highlight, I haven't mentioned event plans bar one, which would be more defence regiment bias if anything, admittedly elite regiments would have some advantage with sniper based weapons, however they will still die just as easily, and depending on the environment might not get the opportunity to use them. So would be on the front line with the attack regiments anyway, and coming to the attack regiments, their role would be crucial, without them responding to threats properly they would be wiped out, so it encourages them to go from being OP Rambo's, to properly adhering to the realism requirements of the events.

Thanks for the feedback however, and I will take it all into account.

19 minutes ago, [PU] FurrDazzler said:

I like the idea of making events harder, and making them more realistic by having us rely more on cover and statergy/tactics

A major critism of this is that in the event idea/arc you talked about, you mention that the event 'will not be winnable' which tbh is a bit of a unfun/unfair concept, and a bit railroady which could also be a bit boring/demoralising for the players, knowing (ooc) that they would lose this no matter what, and I feel like it might make the event more intersting if the outcome is up in the air and more in the players control, as it would encourage them to use their new stratergies/tactics in an attempt to overcome the odds even if they are stacked against them - and would make the event more fun for those involved.

Thanks for the feedback, as I mentioned in Cud's comment, I will change the plan of that event, however the original idea was to provide a darker side to events, where clones don't always get victory, as seen in many cases in lore. However if the community don't want this I can always change it to be happier.

While the idea is new and certainly revolutionary, EPs primary objective is to do events which are fun, and secondly memorable.

This is certainly memorable, but fun? I don't know, especially with what you have said with the planned losses.

I understand this is realistic and closer to the lore material, but we aren't a lore server, and realism isn't fun.

Unless you can pull this off amazingly, I do not think this would end very well.

It is an interesting idea, however the logistics for this are downright absurd. You expect to set the health of each clone every time that they respawn, alongside everything else? Just seems far, far too much to do for an event.

1 minute ago, IrishTnT said:

While the idea is new and certainly revolutionary, EPs primary objective is to do events which are fun, and secondly memorable.

This is certainly memorable, but fun? I don't know, especially with what you have said with the planned losses.

I understand this is realistic and closer to the lore material, but we aren't a lore server, and realism isn't fun.

Unless you can pull this off amazingly, I do not think this would end very well.

Thanks for the feedback, allow me to respond:

While yes I apricate some people may not find it fun, I for one enjoy realism to some degree. And to prevent these events from not being fun, I will to the best of my ability try to balance these events with the clones being given armour to help them out or in certain events giving them optional tasks that may perhaps provide them with additional armour plating and increase their HP, I understand this isn't a lore server by a long shot but I'm not talking about making all these events strictly lore focused, and these events will be completely optional, as mentioned earlier I will do votes prior to events asking if people want a normal or realism event, that way I can make it as democratic as possible to give the online players what they want.  And I admit while I might be new to the EP team, I'm keen to make my events as good as I possibly can, as I have a lot of times where I'm away, unable to play, it gives me chance to fully flesh out ideas and battle plans as well as predict certain actions, which will help me make these events as fun as I can possibly make them.

Thanks for the feedback and I will make sure to take it into account.

11 minutes ago, Purple Knight said:

Thanks for the feedback, as I mentioned in Cud's comment, I will change the plan of that event, however the original idea was to provide a darker side to events, where clones don't always get victory, as seen in many cases in lore. However if the community don't want this I can always change it to be happier.

As a note even if you do change the plan for the event, the idea of facing a large force or where the odds are stacked against the clones would be interesting, as long as there are still chances of the clones coming out on top, but the idea of the clones working for victory instead of being handed it on a silver platter is a great idea to take forward from this.

7 minutes ago, Pete Broccoli said:

It is an interesting idea, however the logistics for this are downright absurd. You expect to set the health of each clone every time that they respawn, alongside everything else? Just seems far, far too much to do for an event.

Thanks for the feedback Pete, and yes, I understand the logistics for these events are going to be astronomical, however I believe though difficult it isn't downright impossible.

And I may ask other EPs to help me out in running with ECs and things like that while I just focus on ensuring correct logistics. I'm not afraid of a challenge if it means the community will enjoy my events.

2 minutes ago, [PU] FurrDazzler said:

As a note even if you do change the plan for the event, the idea of facing a large force or where the odds are stacked against the clones would be interesting, as long as there are still chances of the clones coming out on top, but the idea of the clones working for victory instead of being handed it on a silver platter is a great idea to take forward from this.

Thanks furr. That's the idea behind all of this. As much as I love the idea of being an OP clone with a good storyline, doing events like this every so often I think will make a nice change and give the community something different amid the flood of standard events. And yes, taking current feedback into account not all of these events will be railroaded, while I personally don't think there is any issue with having a railroaded event as long as it is done properly, I understand why people may not like this, and so that one single event will likely be the only railroad I make, as it is designed to be a darker event.

With a large amount of testing a single clone in effective cover with 60hp and armour and use of the gonk droid to keep ammo stocked up, can kill roughly 3 droid masses alone (30 B1s per mass) with a DC-15s. (albeit with a degree of red on red)

So for anyone with worries that you won't be powerful enough, I tested this myself and have got the above results, with a standard weapon, this was tested to assure the community that if played properly you will still be an effective clone if you make sure to maintain a distance of roughly 20m and use cover properly.

With this test however I have realised 100HP is still too much for clones to have for my ideal realism mode, therefore it will be set to 60hp. Make sure to maintain distance to lessen the effective fire you receive, as they both deal less damage per shot and also are less accurate