Fleet name changes for Fort Anaxes

Alright, I know this post has been done before but it said that it can be made again when amended. So I propose that Fleet is changed to Base Command and below the ranking structure has been updated and changed based of feedback of the last post adding in the 2 ranks that we had originally planned to remove.  Another point of complaint with the past post is that other servers don't have this and use fleet, and to that I say that just because other people do it doesn't mean we have to, or what your mother would say "if your mates jumped off a cliff would you jump too". My final point for logic of this change is that a Fleet do not command a base, they command a venator so the change to Base Command makes more sense. Cheers would love feedback from everyone.

(High Command)
BC General
BC Lieutenant General
BC Major General
------------------------------
(Lower Command)
BC Brigadier
BC Captain
BC Lieutenant
BC Second Lieutenant 
BC Officer Cadet
BC Under Officer

• +1 4
  • -1 1

+1 Basically, what Pac said. I feel like the names really need a change, it'll be a hell of code to change but it'll all make sense.

4 minutes ago, Unseen said:

-1 due to the rank names and ordering being confusing and too similar to that of army.

Im not sure what you mean by confusing because myself, wolf and Pac are able to understand it fine. As for the ranks that are similar to army ranks, there are 3 ranks that are the same and only 1 of those are one we propose are brought in. The current Fleet ranks have 3 that are similar to the army ranks, we are simply just swapping Commander with Captain. Not much of a difference.

Just now, Tesco said:

Im not sure what you mean by confusing because myself, wolf and Pac are able to understand it fine. As for the ranks that are similar to army ranks, there are 3 ranks that are the same and only 1 of those are one we propose are brought in. The current Fleet ranks have 3 that are similar to the army ranks, we are simply just swapping Commander with Captain. Not much of a difference.

Mostly holding issue with high command ranking, low ranks are fine apart from Under Officer being a strange rank name to me. You aren't generals.

Just now, Unseen said:

Mostly holding issue with high command ranking, low ranks are fine apart from Under Officer being a strange rank name to me. You aren't generals.

General-ly speaking (:P) you're not because you don't handle actual combat rather base operations so the names aren't fitting.

13 minutes ago, Unseen said:

-1 due to the rank names and ordering being confusing and too similar to that of army.

I agree with this, -1

Current fleet naming format is admittely not appropriate for a base map, but I don't think this new set of names is appropriate for a Clone Wars server.

2 minutes ago, Unseen said:

General-ly speaking (:P) you're not because you don't handle actual combat rather base operations so the names aren't fitting.

Generals dont fight, they run the army and run the base

Edited by Pac
adding on
  • +1 1
1 minute ago, Unseen said:

You are the only one that sounds similar to the ranks I have proposed. But current ranks mix with other ranks all the same. (response to second reply) Generals dont go into combat, they run the place aswell as the army.

3 minutes ago, Unseen said:

well sorry to be a General ass ( c ; ) and to second Pack,  this would be more fitting compared to normal fleet, as General themselves only went into combat for special occasions ( real world reference ; D-Day, has a general walking around with a cane and pistol guiding the forces) , so your point is invalid 🙂

• +1 2
Just now, Pac said:

Generals dont fight, they run the army

Actually that depends if they want to get involved or delegate troopers to perform combat (pretty much the job of MCOs/BG) and the same would go for Fleet or Base Command delegating base operations to lower ranking command members (CE would handle engine operations and CG security detail) and any combat related situations to the general or marshall commanders to take care of because it's our job.

Just now, Cud said:

well sorry to be a General ass ( c ; ) and to second Pack,  this would be more fitting compared to normal fleet, as General themselves only went into combat for special occasions ( real world reference ; D-Day, has a general walking around with a cane and pistol guiding the forces) , so your point is invalid 🙂

when u saying pack do u mean me, cus if u are u need to watch out since the forecast saying its raining hands in ur location

• Funny 2
1 minute ago, Unseen said:

Actually that depends if they want to get involved or delegate troopers to perform combat (pretty much the job of MCOs/BG) and the same would go for Fleet or Base Command delegating base operations to lower ranking command members (CE would handle engine operations and CG security detail) and any combat related situations to the general or marshall commanders to take care of because it's our job.

No jobs would be changed though? we would simply get a name change not a role change

1 minute ago, Cud said:

The current naming needs changing that's a general fact (;P) but I don't think it makes sense to make the two naming structures so similar that it causes confusion and in a way that doesn't fit a CWRP server as Alydus mentioned. Also, yes, we delegate combat and are not always involved with it but you get the general idea (two for two :P) of what I'm saying.

Just now, Unseen said:

The current naming needs changing that's a general fact (;P) but I don't think it makes sense to make the two naming structures so similar that it causes confusion and in a way that doesn't fit a CWRP server as Alydus mentioned. Also, yes, we delegate combat and are not always involved with it but you get the general idea (two for two :P) of what I'm saying.

Mate the theres only 4 ranks that sound the same compared to right now that has 3 like come on....

1 minute ago, Tesco said:

Mate the theres only 4 ranks that sound the same compared to right now that has 3 like come on....

The lower ranks are fine as I said before (although Under Officer is still weird to me) it's just high command that needs revising to be less similar.

Just now, Unseen said:

The lower ranks are fine as I said before (although Under Officer is still weird to me) it's just high command that needs revising to be less similar.

Only 1 rank is similar to army command and its only because it has general in it

19 minutes ago, Tesco said:

Only 1 rank is similar to army command and its only because it has general in it

35 minutes ago, Unseen said:

There's a difference between operating a base and leading an army though that's my point because you can't call yourself a general if you sit at a base occasionally pressing bind keys and dealing with the occasional angry man in open comms? (Ironic, perhaps depending on the situtation and personal need for my involvement). I'm aware that this list was basically pulled from a Command Heirarchy Wikipedia page for army ranks (huh, would you look at that) but I think this needs a little more revision to better fit a CWRP server.

Edited by Unseen
Pointing out the obvious irony in that statement
5 minutes ago, Unseen said:

There's a difference between operating a base and leading an army though that's my point because you can't call yourself a general if you sit at a base occasionally pressing bind keys and dealing with the occasional angry man in open comms? (Ironic, perhaps depending on the situtation and personal need for my involvement). I'm aware that this list was basically pulled from a Command Heirarchy Wikipedia page for army ranks (huh, would you look at that) but I think this needs a little more revision to better fit a CWRP server.

Multi-Star Generals exist, and they never lead anything.

2 minutes ago, Unseen said:

There's a difference between operating a base and leading an army though that's my point because you can't call yourself a general if you sit at a base occasionally pressing bind keys and dealing with the occasional angry man in open comms?  I'm aware that this list was basically pulled from a Command Heirarchy Wikipedia page for army ranks (huh, would you look at that) but I think this needs a little more revision to better fit a CWRP server.

Well if you do research you would find out that believe it or not we are following navy ranks and in turn have changed it to the high command of the British army ranks none of which actually go into battle or lead the battle but are more on the admin side, which is what fleet is. 

• Thinking 2
6 minutes ago, Tesco said:

Well if you do research you would find out that believe it or not we are following navy ranks and in turn have changed it to the high command of the British army ranks none of which actually go into battle or lead the battle but are more on the admin side, which is what fleet is. 

Yes I read this and already know you're using naval ranks at present but the two hierarchies should be distinguishable from each other rather basically two sets of army commands. 

Just now, Unseen said:

Yes I read this and already know you're using naval ranks at present but the two hierarchies should be distinguishable from each other rather basically two sets of army commands. 

The ranks are very different and distinguishable, the high command I have suggested are 1*, 2* and 3* generals, none of which are you, who is only similar due to having general in it...

4 hours ago, Pac said:

when u saying pack do u mean me, cus if u are u need to watch out since the forecast saying its raining hands in ur location

*pack* it up fam, i've got an american umbrella, meaning it'll blow your punkass away

• Alydus locked this topic
  • Alydus unlocked this topic