Event Announce Upgrades

So i saw this on another community, and i think it would be pretty cool to have. Obviously I am not an event planner, however, I think this would be good for the whole community as it give sthe event announcements channel some formaty. Something like below would idealy allow EPs to do a command in-game such as !event. This would then promt them to enter all the details listed below, then maybe also add a command to join and leave an event for the event staff such as !joinevent {id}? Or something like that

Yuxk.png

• Thinking 1
  • -1 2

No.

The way EPs handle events and how they are organised and stored is entirely on the Discord. This system is wasteful and honestly entirely useless.

We have a set 'template' which is VERY loose for a reason.

This is a terrible idea.

• +1 1
  • -1 2

+1 cool idea i don't really see a good reason to say no, it'll make the discord look cleaner and more professional, and it'll be a nice addition.

• Thinking 1
8 minutes ago, [PU] Billy said:

+1 cool idea i don't really see a good reason to say no, it'll make the discord look cleaner and more professional, and it'll be a nice addition.

Y'see Billy, the Discord is only cluttered to you and those with full perms. I and I expect other EPs find it alot easier to do it on the Discord, I do it while I load in to streamline stuff.

Moving to in-game will really cause more annoyances than good.

Just now, IrishTnT said:

Y'see Billy, the Discord is only cluttered to you and those with full perms. I and I expect other EPs find it alot easier to do it on the Discord, I do it while I load in to streamline stuff.

Moving to in-game will really cause more annoyances than good.

this bot messages in discord, and i'm just commenting on the event announcements looking cluttered not cause i have extra perms

-1, just @ people, i mean we have a dedicated tag for people who want to be alerted to events im fairly sure, so just use that instead of cluttering the discord channel with a mix of @'s and bot messages, especially as EPs will still need to @ people with the announcements before events start (ie the times/countdowns to the event) so this seems pointless and an extra unnecessary thing to have.

Edit: also anyone else notice that Chad makes a suspicious ammout of posts relating to 'things hes seen on other communuities'?

Edited by [PU] FurrDazzler
27 minutes ago, [PU] Billy said:

there won't be a mix only bot messages

That just makes it harder then for people to know when events are, cus im fairly sure with that bot format its a bitch to @ people, and say goodbye to proper embeded links, which a lot of EPs like to use to add context and make their events seem more proffesional, plus bot messages are just easily more forgettable then a proper message telling people when the event is, especially as it will be annoying as they will have to make a specail bot message each time they announce the countdown time.

-1. Just don't see a real  point of it and doing it on discord is just easier for me personally.

• +1 1

@Bruh the idea that Chad is trying to convey is that it can be done through either the discord or in game.

I personally +1 this idea as it will hopefully add some professionalism through uniformity to the event announcements channel.

On 8/14/2020 at 6:48 PM, [PU] FurrDazzler said:

That just makes it harder then for people to know when events are, cus im fairly sure with that bot format its a bitch to @ people, and say goodbye to proper embeded links, which a lot of EPs like to use to add context and make their events seem more proffesional, plus bot messages are just easily more forgettable then a proper message telling people when the event is, especially as it will be annoying as they will have to make a specail bot message each time they announce the countdown time.

But it wont be like that i'd assume the command would simple or even simpler than the ep commands in-game. But the countdown that can be done through the bot as well if i am not wrong, the bot can send scheduled messages depending on the time that was set for the event, all the eps would have to do is just add the image or video to IMGUI and just paste the link in? Well this is how I invision the bot, but I really dont know how it will work, but id assume something reletivly something like that.