Add the LAAT/le gunship

-1  for multiple reasons 
- just because a regiment doesn't have a vehicle , doesn't mean they should get one by proxy 
- i dont see this being used alot, due to the fact we have and mainly use LAATs for things like that and that seems like a thing what doesn't need to be improved or changed 
- you haven't explained *who* would be able to aquire it rank wise and i do think that should be specified 
*but* 
i could see this working with the base map, but only in the aspect of an on base event whereas it would be harder on planetary maps due to things what *could* be like the objective , CGs role in the objective, what the objective is, and what the surroundings are 

• +1 1
2 minutes ago, Cud said:

-1  for multiple reasons 
- just because a regiment doesn't have a vehicle , doesn't mean they should get one by proxy 
- i dont see this being used alot, due to the fact we have and mainly use LAATs for things like that and that seems like a thing what doesn't need to be improved or changed 
- you haven't explained *who* would be able to aquire it rank wise and i do think that should be specified 
*but* 
i could see this working with the base map, but only in the aspect of an on base event whereas it would be harder on planetary maps due to things what *could* be like the objective , CGs role in the objective, what the objective is, and what the surroundings are 

Yeah i'd say restrict it to SGT+ but @IzzyWoop can decide or whomever? Also personally as a high ranking CG i would try and use it as much as i can.

Just now, Chad said:

Yeah i'd say restrict it to SGT+ but @IzzyWoop can decide or whomever? Also personally as a high ranking CG i would try and use it as much as i can.

i mean it's not as much as how many times more you can use it, more of a how many times you can use it within logical sense in a situation where would it be beneficial

@Cud Thank you for your very true comments regarding the suggestion. For a better explanation:
- "Just because a regiment doesn't have a vehicle , doesn't mean they should get one by proxy."
This is a very true reply as the way it was writen but I would rather say CG should get this, not because they don't have a special vehicle but mostly because there is a massive lack of interest in CG as people who get in CG only stay for a couple day and just disappear. Not to say this will get people active but it would help to have something more interesting than police work.

- "I dont see this being used alot..."
It could be used for air support rather than LAATs which feel more like transport ships. Would it be more useful to have LAAT? Absolutely but that also goes for any other air vehicle.

- "You haven't explained *who* would be able to aquire it rank wise..."
I was actually just thinking about that. That will be answered if this does get accepted. Once it does get accepted, I will work through CG for who should get it but most likely it will be Pilots or/and commissioned officers.

I hope that answered all your questions and I do thank you for your interest regarding the matter! ❤️

8 minutes ago, IzzyWoop said:

@Cud Thank you for your very true comments regarding the suggestion. For a better explanation:
- "Just because a regiment doesn't have a vehicle , doesn't mean they should get one by proxy."
This is a very true reply as the way it was writen but I would rather say CG should get this, not because they don't have a special vehicle but mostly because there is a massive lack of interest in CG as people who get in CG only stay for a couple day and just disappear. Not to say this will get people active but it would help to have something more interesting than police work.

- "I dont see this being used alot..."
It could be used for air support rather than LAATs which feel more like transport ships. Would it be more useful to have LAAT? Absolutely but that also goes for any other air vehicle.

- "You haven't explained *who* would be able to aquire it rank wise..."
I was actually just thinking about that. That will be answered if this does get accepted. Once it does get accepted, I will work through CG for who should get it but most likely it will be Pilots or/and commissioned officers.

I hope that answered all your questions and I do thank you for your interest regarding the matter! ❤️

with your 1st point completely fair enough 

for your second point, there already are multiple ships used for air support, and (in my opinion) a LAAT would be more useful as it has  :
higher seating capacity and more firepower what can be used to defend itself 

and for the third point i think it would make more sense that pilot trained people should get access to it, other than commissioned officers as it is a vehicle what flies..ynow a ship and pilots are trained in that, whereas commissioned officers aren't 

• +1 1

-1, CG has Pilots, and those Pilots get LAATs, problem solved, with no need for a special LAAT

Not to mention also that the LAAT/le Gunship was used as 'the Republic police gunship and later as the Imperial patrol transport, was a gunship introduced during the Clone Wars to perform law enforcement functions on the Republic capital of Coruscant. Designed to be sleeker and smaller as well as less heavily armed than the Republic attack gunship, the patrol transport was better suited for policing the dense, planet-wide city while reducing the risks of collateral damage.'

This is a weakly armoured and armed vessel used to police urban areas, not a Republic Military Hub, as its built for policing, not waring.

Edited by [PU] FurrDazzler
1 hour ago, [PU] FurrDazzler said:

-1, CG has Pilots, and those Pilots get LAATs, problem solved, with no need for a special LAAT

Not to mention also that the LAAT/le Gunship was used as 'the Republic police gunship and later as the Imperial patrol transport, was a gunship introduced during the Clone Wars to perform law enforcement functions on the Republic capital of Coruscant. Designed to be sleeker and smaller as well as less heavily armed than the Republic attack gunship, the patrol transport was better suited for policing the dense, planet-wide city while reducing the risks of collateral damage.'

This is a weakly armoured and armed vessel used to police urban areas, not a Republic Military Hub, as its built for policing, not waring.

We dont follow lore completely so i don't think that is relevant. 

2 hours ago, Blobzilla said:

-1, basically a normal LAAT, and CG have the option for pilot so no point really

Its not a normal LAAT as this one (if accepted) would most likely (cant say as im not the co) be used for prisoner transport. Or for command transport when on-ground (e.g. transporting fleet from the LZ to FOB, if cleared) 

13 hours ago, Bruh said:

-1 no

Would be nice to have some more context instead of just "no"

i would also like to bring up the case of who would be in command when they're in use, since these are ships, they *should* by proxy fall into command of the head pilot , but from what i've seen im getting the impression that it would fall into the commanders command instead of the head pilot, how would that work out @IzzyWoop / @Chad

16 minutes ago, Cud said:

i would also like to bring up the case of who would be in command when they're in use, since these are ships, they *should* by proxy fall into command of the head pilot , but from what i've seen im getting the impression that it would fall into the commanders command instead of the head pilot, how would that work out @IzzyWoop / @Chad

well yes they are gunships (ships) so it would theoretically fall under jurisdiction of the Head Pilot, but if the reason for deploying the vehicle was a Military Police reasoning (e.g. transporting prisoners)  I think that would be under jurisdiction of Security Personnel. 

-1 for multiple reasons firstly the thing looks stupid. Secondly as many other people have stated CG already have pilots so there isn't a point in adding to the regiment as you already have access to LAATS and more

• +1 2
  • 3 weeks later...

-1 for a few reasons

1. Im fairly certain we have the red LAATs for CG, If not they would be a better addition than these

2. this transport was mainly used in population centers like Coruscant and Lothal, On Millitary bases, LAATs and other weaponised transports would be used by CG

• +1 1