Fleet Job name changes for the Fort Anaxes

right, so i had a talk with the rest of fleet about what we feel like we should become on Fort Anaxes and we came to the conclusion of overall being Base Operations / Command , we also agreed on the how the ranking structure should work, and we agreed on changing the ranking structure to : 
(as Main Command)
Field Marshal
Lieutenant General
Brigadier General
------------------------------
(Lower Command)
Captain
Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant and then Officer Cadet
we did decide to shorten it down from what we had on ship , as we felt like there was too many ranks to work up and progress, and felt it'd be better to shorten it down to this, i mean i'd love to hear feedback from everyone about their own views and thoughts on the matter 

• +1 2

I feel that there is way too few ranks here for fleet - there is a reason to why there should be a certain amount of ranks, not too sure you understand how important this is.

I don't see that you've actually made a decision on what fleet would like to suggest their name to be changed to, and you've created a discussion here, are you suggesting 'Base Operations' or 'Command'.

I don't think command sounds appropriate as this in my opinion will become confusing with BGs/MCOs/COs, as these are separate but similar names.

I personally think we should just stick with the names and ranks we have, I see no reason why any of this is necessary myself.

• +1 1
11 minutes ago, Alydus said:

I feel that there is way too few ranks here for fleet - there is a reason to why there should be a certain amount of ranks, not too sure you understand how important this is.

I don't see that you've actually made a decision on what fleet would like to suggest their name to be changed to, and you've created a discussion here, are you suggesting 'Base Operations' or 'Command'.

I don't think command sounds appropriate as this in my opinion will become confusing with BGs/MCOs/COs, as these are separate but similar names.

I personally think we should just stick with the names and ranks we have, I see no reason why any of this is necessary myself.

right then, i would wish to clarify that it would be Operations and not command 
Personally, i would believe sticking to fleet on ground wouldn't make alot of sense, as fleet is generally known for operating in the skies whereas the military aspect of being Base Operations would make more logical sense, as ynow, you dont see Base Operations operating a venator and Fleet operating a Army Base 
i mean peronsally i think that the amount of ranks we have suggested is fine, as in plain sight we only removed 2 , which is a big enough deal with people could be changed 

I +1 this due to the fact that having Base Command instead of Fleet is more suiting due to us being in an army base and not a venator. The removal of 2 ranks isn't a big change and due to not much Fleet, having so much progression is not helpful.

imo there really isnt a need to change the name of Fleet as ive been on so many servers that have a base map and have their command staff called fleet, and its because people are more familiar with the ranks and 'Fleet' is easier to recognise than 'Base Operations' Ontop of that, as Alydus mentioned, I think that 6 ranks and 1 training rank is too (two even) small for Fleet as i feel it may them more stagnent and less rewarding as promotions are less often. Also the ranks seem disconnected from eachother, (Field Marshal seems to stand on its own, then the two General Jobs are a duo, then the lower ranks make proper ranking sense) which didnt happen with the fleet ranks, so overall a

(Also Base Operations sounds like a really stupid name for supposedly the highest ranking people on the base)

I think the ranks are good but like @Alydus said i think there needs to be a better line of progression in Fleet/Base Command.